Sonntag, 11. September 2016

[Review] Clio Kill Cover Airwear Protexture Foundation SPF 25 PA+++

Hi Pandas,

how are you doing? I'm currently still in Germany and despite being in a rather difficult family situation I'm trying to make the best out of it.
True to my blogger self I also brought heaps of makeup and skincare with me because "I will review this while on vacation"...well...needless to say it's not going that well so far XD
In that light, I will try to be a good blogger now and get done with a few reviews.

First one is this baby:



What they say:
Inspired by Kabui brush, KILL COVER AIRWEAR PROTEXTURE FOUNDATIONS are designed to create a second-skin effect that is invisible glow skin and feels airly light weight there without forsaking coverage. (I spy some Engrish XD)


Ingredients:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butyloctyl salicylate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Niacinamide, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Anastatica Hierochuntica Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum Fruit Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Synthetic fluorphlogopite, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Nelumbo nucifera, Nelumbo Nucifera Seed Extract, Actinidia polygama fruit extract, Adenosine, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethyl citrate, Aluminum hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyhydroxystearic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Lecithin, Isostearic Acid, Isopropyl Myristate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Phenoxyethanol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Fragrance, Silica, Iron Oxides

The packaging had only the ingredients in Korean so I took the list from Cosdna. I compared the lists and they are the same. Interesting to see Niacinamide on the list. Three potential acne triggers as well but I had no problems.



When I went to Seoul in March I had no intent to buy a new foundation. But when I stood inside the Club Clio store they had this nice set of the foundation and brush and well...it ended up in my basket and I bought it. Something about this special set and the whole design spoke to me (yes, I admit, I buy stuff solely based on packaging). Even though it's just a paper packaging they made for this set, I really like it. I almost feel sad throwing it away...



In this set you get the Airwear Protexture Foundation and a foundation brush designed with a little cavity in the middle. The picture on the front of the paper packaging suggest that you pour the foundation in said cavity and then apply it. Let me already tell you, this does not work. Apparently you're supposed to put only a tiny amount in the cavity...oh well, it works without putting it there as well.



The brush itself is actually pretty good though. It is on the harder side and makes spreading the foundation pretty easy. I like to go over my foundation with a sponge or cushion puff afterwards for a more natural finish but you could probably get away with just using the brush.




The design of the actual foundation packaging is rather simple. A flesh colored plastic packaging, sturdy but still squeezable, with the Kill Cover Label and a black cap. It is definitely not the most pricey looking packaging but nevertheless simple and sleek. I really like it. Plastic also means clumsy me won't break it when I drop it (which I will in future!).



They offer three shades in a rather weird range from 2-BP (Lingerie), over 3-BY (Linen) until 4-BO (Ginger).
I took the lightest shade 2-BP. To be honest, I was a bit afraid this might be too pink due to the "P" but it is actually a very well fitting shade.



The foundation has a distinct smell but not too strong. I cannot really say what it smells like but it is a "foundation" smell. It doesn't linger on and I do not really mind it.



The consistency of the product is rather liquidy which makes it very easy to apply and spread over your skin. They did not lie when they said light weight, it really feels like wearing almost nothing on the skin, which is especially nice in the summer. The finish is more powdery/semi-matte.


no makeup - foundation applied - concealer and powder applied



As you can see the coverage is also decent. I wouldn't go as far as saying it is full coverage but it definitely can cover up tiny flaws. My awful dark circles and red spots are tough for this foundation but with concealer I could create a really nice final look.

6 hours later (sorry for the yellow lighting, bathroom lights are horrible...)
The foundation also lasts pretty well. It couldn't hold up with my sweating and face picking but nevertheless I was still looking more or less decent after 6 hours without any retouching. I think with less face picking and maybe a good primer and powder you could probably get through a full day.



Pros: light shade, light weight, decent coverage, last pretty long

Cons: does have a scent


Overall: 4.5/5


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen