Montag, 17. November 2014

[Review] Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Clay Pore Clay Mask

Hello dolls,

I hope you are all feeling fine.
Today I bring you a review of this famous and beloved mask by Innisfree. Will I love it, too? Read on for my thoughts on this product.






What they say:
This Jeju volcanic scoria clay mask intensively absorbs sebum and clarifies skin pores.
(deep cleanses, thightens pores, removes blackheads, removes sebum, prevents skin troubles, improve skin tone)




Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Trehalose, Volcanic Ash, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Clyceryl Stearate, Bentonite, Zinc Oxide, Polysorbate 60, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Orchid, Camellia Japonica, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Theobroma Cacao Seed Powder, Kaolin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PVP, Dextrin, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Red Oxide of Iron (CI 7741)



I really like the packaging of this mask. It is made from 100% recycled paper and be recycled again. This is - of course- part of Innisfree's image as an eco-friendly brand. You can also return the plastic container to Innisfree (much like the return-concept from Lush). Of course I cannot be absolutely 100% sure that this cartonage is really made from recycled paper but I am willing to believe it and I appreciate cosmetic companies putting some eco-friendly thoughts in their production and packaging.





The actual container is made from plastic in a rich brown color with a silver lid. It looks a bit cheap since you can definitely recognize the material as plastic but I personally don't mind. There is also a plastic lid that I personally find more annoying than helpful so I'll probably throw it away soon. There is no spatula included so it might get unhygenic when you put your dirty fingers in there so be sure to wash your hands or use a spoon.





The product itself is a pink-brown-greyish cream that may look very thick but it's actually very smooth and you can spread it easily on your skin.
It has a slight muddy smell but compared to other Korean cosmetics this is hardly noticable.




A point I really adore about this mask is the consistency. Before I often had the problem that mud/clay masks dried to a stiff and uncomfortable mess on my face but this mask doesn't do that at all. After leaving it on for about 15-20 minutes I can still eat and drink and move most of my facial muscles. It may seem like a trivial point but it makes the experience so much more comfortable for me.

Now to the actual claims. My skin feels fresher and cleaner after the application. Sadly it can't get rid of all my skin troubles. But everyone's skin is different and over the years I found out that most of my skin troubles are caused by hormonal changes and my diet. My body reacts harshly to any changes regarding those two things and it always shows on my face. Until now no product could make those skin troubles go away and I honestly don't expect to find such a product anymore. However this mask definitely helps to make them fade away faster and make me feel better. I still have blackheads on my nose so this mask didn't help get rid of them (although my blackheads actually might not be blackheads but Sebaceous Filaments....in that case it's not the mask's fault that the skin on my nose doesn't look better).
All in all this a really nice mask for my skin. It feels good on the skin, helps with my troubles (even if not getting rid of them completely) and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. You can also apply this solely on your nose or overnight on pimples. The overnight application does help me a lot to calm down pimples and make them go away faster. I wouldn't want to miss it anymore.

Pros: creamy texture, no overwhelming smell, spreads nicely, doesn't dry, leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean, helps fade away my skin troubles faster

Cons: no spatula, didn't get rid of my blackheads (though that might be not this mask's fault)


Overall: 4.5/5

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen