Montag, 15. Dezember 2014

[Review] Laneige Water Sleeping Pack _EX

Hello my little pandas,

How are you doing? Christmas is only 2 weeks away, can you believe that?

Today I bring you a review of a really well-known product:




What they say:
Water Sleeping Pack_EX with light gel-type texture gives intensive hydration, vitality and brightening effect while restoring skin with deep relaxation through aroma scent.


Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitamide MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Some noteworthy ingredients:

Hunza Apricot Extract: Skin Purification
Beta Glucan: Skin regeneration effect
Ceramide SLN: Moisture Loss Protection
Chestnut Extract: Improving Skin Texture


This Sleeping Pack comes in a very neat looking white and light blue packaging.


 There is not much information on the cardboard packaging itself except for some Korean which makes it look very simple yet sophisticated in a way...at least in my opinion. 


The actual container itself is made from heavy and sturdy plastic in a milky, pale blue color. It looks very good on your shelf in the bathroom but the weight of the container makes it very impractical to travel with.
Once you open the lid you are faced with a plastic sealing decorated with the Logo of Laneige. A very nice touch and with this you can be sure that you bought a new product.
There is also a spatula included which makes the whole thing a lot more hygenic.


The actual product is a turquoise gel with a rather strong aroma. The texture is very light, melting in an almost water-like consistency when you spread in and you will feel a cooling effect on the skin which is very nice in summer, I imagine.


Laneige describes the aroma as a relaxing scent. I don't really know what it's supposed to smell like but it does indeed calm me down a little bit when I'm applying the product. Not to the point of deep relaxation but still a nice add to the product. However the scent is really strong so nothing for someone with a sensitve nose.


Laneige recommends to use this product 2-3 times a week in conjunction with a facial massage. I must admit I only use this sleeping pack when I feel stressed, had a hard day or just want to do something extra for my skin but definitely less than 2-3 times a week and I also tend to forget the facial massage.
I apply about a pea-size of the product. At the first time using it I made the mistake of using too much and it felt really sticky on my skin and a lot of product transfered to my pillow. Not nice.

On to the claims:
Brightening: I personally didn't see any brightening effects with this mask. But I'm already quite pale to begin with and don't really pay attention to my skin brightening.
Intensive hydration: My skin definitely does feel more hydrated, supple and smooth the next morning but I wouldn't call it intensive hydration. For someone with very dry skin this product might not be the miracle they are looking for. For my combination skin it is the right amount of moisture though.
For all skin types: I heard that some people had breakouts from using this product. My skin is totally fine though. As I said before my skin reacts very sensitively to changes in my diets and hormones not so much to facial products. I wouldn't recommend this product to people with sensitive or very dry skin.

All in all, I think this is a very nice extra bit of skincare for people with normal or combination skin. It's not a miracle product but nice to have. However if you are not sure that your skin will be okay with this product better not buy it since it isn't the cheapest product.


Pros: light texture, cooling effect, spatula, relaxing aroma, makes skin feel supple and smooth

Cons: no brightening, no intensive hydration, probably not suited for sensitive or very dry skin

Overall: 4/5

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen