Freitag, 29. August 2014

[Review] Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

Hey everyone~

I will bring you today a review of one of my favourite BB Creams


What they say:
Jelly BB makes moist and bouncy jelly skin. Has jelly texture that helps spread evenly and creates fully hydrated and shiny skin. It is also perfect for covering up facial blemishes. Mint water hydrated facial skin, and marine jelly complex makes soft and bouncy skin.
 




 
 Ingredients: Water, Titanium Diioxide, hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Acrylates/C10-30 AlkylAcrylaate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Sorbitan isostearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Mentha Piperita (peppermint) Leaf Extract, Codium Tomentosum Extract, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Ecklonia Cava Extract, Gelidium Cartilagineum Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Extract, Mentha Rotundifolia Leaf Extract, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Caviar Extract, aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Triethanolamine, Steric acid, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Aluminum hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isohexadecane, polysorbate 80, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyapatite, Agar, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Glycerin, PEG-8, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Atelocollagen, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Propylparaben, potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Frangrance(Parfum), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron oxides (CI 77499).

I checked the ingredients online and a few are said to be not recommended (mainly the parabenes and the silicons).
[How to use] Take an apropriate amount with spatula and evenly spread onto facial skin by patting gently with its puff enclosed inside.




 It comes with a sponge (mine looks a bit dirty, sorry...but I'm using this BB Cream almost every day). You could use any other sponge you have. I wouldn't recommend using your fingers or a brush though, somehow this BB Cream really works best with a sponge.



Texture: Well, they didn't lie when they said it had a jelly like texture. At first it's kinda strange but it feels very nice on the skin and has a cooling effect.


Smell: It has a slight floral smell but also a bit fresh at the same time. I think all Korean BB Creams have a rather distinct smell but it fades really quickly. However if you're sensitive towards fragances this might be too much for you.
Effects: I really, really like this BB Cream. As I said it has a cooling effect and the texture feels very nice on the skin. However you have to work quickly when applying it, it dries rather fast. It has light coverage. Luckily my skin is quite good lately so it's enough for me. If you need a lot of coverage this probably isn't for you.
 bare face

BB Cream applied

BB Cream + Concealer

Close-up
 BB Cream + Concealer + Powder

 Full-face makeup

The finish of this BB Cream isn't too dewy but also not too powdry. I'm always using powder anyways so I personally don't care about the finish of my BB Creams/Foundations that much.
The staying power is okay for me. I have combination skin and especially my nose gets really oily really fast and that's exactly the point where this BB Cream starts fading first. 

4 hours later

This BB Cream was really perfect for me in summer. It's lightweight and offered enough coverage for me. It's not the type of BB Cream/Foundation you would want to wear if you need flawless skin for 8-10 hours but for simple or lazy days this is really awesome. I will see if it will be enough for me in fall/winter. The only downside to me is that it comes in a glas container so it's really inconvinient to carry around.


Repurchase: Yes! Although I really wish they had a version of this BB Cream in a plastic tube...
 
 
Pros: lightweight, nice texture, cooling effect, nice summer BB Cream

Cons: glas bottle is inconvinient
Overall: 4.5/5
 
 
 
Side note: I will be traveling around most of September since my boyfriend will come to Germany. I'll try to keep posting though. Would you like to see what's in my travel makeup bag?
 
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen