Montag, 27. April 2015

[Review] Tonymoly Magic Food Banana Sleeping Pack

Hello pandas,

How was your week?
I hope you are all doing fine.

Today there is the review of a really cute product on the menue:


The Tonymoly Banana Sleeping Pack

What they say:
Banana sleeping pack that focuses on rich moisturization and nutrition supply.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Petrolatum, Cydlopentasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Dimethicone, Betaine, Urea, PEG-100 Stearate, Polyacrylamide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Magnesium Aluminim Silicate, Dimeticonol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Laureth-7, 1,2 -Hexanediol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum, Cl 19140, Cl 15985

cosdna does flagg quite a few of the ingredients but I personally didn't have problems with this sleeping pack. Just seeing alcohol on the ingredients list didn't make me too happy.





I'm gonna be totally honest and say that I only bought this product because of the packaging.

I mean...come on...IT'S A FREAKIN BANANA!!!



It is made out of plastic and the color is a typical banana yellow. It even has the typical "Banana sticker", I'm a total sucker for such little details. The plastic is soft so you can squeeze it in order to get some product out. I feel like a total child everytime I'm using it because squeezing it is so much fun. Don't judge me...
It is slightly irritating that the cap is a bit more greenish than the rest of the banana but I won't complain. It's a banana, that's all I care about.




The product itself is a slightly yellow, thickish cream.
But the best thing is....the scent. Oh my God, the scent is so heavenly. It's smells like a pre-made Banana milk drink I always drank in my childhood (for you Germans - and possibly other Europeans - out there: I'm talking about Kaba Banana XD). The memories.
It is a rather strong and sweet scent so it may not be for everyone.




Onto the actual effects of the product: to be honest...nothing outstanding. Using it was definitely fun - thanks to the packaging because squeezing a plastic banana is pretty awesome and the smell! (Yes, I'm talking a lot about squeezing the thing...it is fun, I promise!!).
But I couldn't see any outstanding effects concerning moisturization or nutrition in the morning. But I have to note that my skin is pretty sturdy and not dry so it's often hard for me to judge whether a product is actually moisturizing and my skin just isn't showing drastic change (since it isn't dry to begin with) or if it's truly not moisturizing at all.
So I sadly can't make any assumption on how this sleeping pack would work on people who really need moisture and nutrition for their skin, although the thick and creamy formula might be beneficial.
But, I can imagine that exactly this formula might be a bit too heavy for people with oily skin. For those people a sleepling pack with a  light gel formula (like the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack that I reviewed before) might be a better option.


To me it is rather a gimmicky/toy-ish product than an actual solution to my skin problems. I don't regret buying it because using it is really fun but I wouldn't say that it's a must-have that will magically solve all your skin problems.
If you wanna spend a few extra bucks on a cute product with an original packaging, go for it!



Pros: cute packaging, awesome scent

Cons: no outstanding effects


Overall: 3/5

3 Kommentare:

  1. It's always sad when a really adorably packaged product is just ok. I always want them to be amazing so I feel better about not just buying them for their cute packaging, haha.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. That is true. I do not really regret buying it because it looks awesome and squeezing it is so much fun but I would definitely feel more excited if it had had any amazing effects on my skin. Can't have it all, I guess...

      Löschen
  2. There are a huge range of cute Tonymoly products and theyre all quite different - I bought the Panda dream sleep mask and the Golden mushroom food sleep mask - the panda mask made my skin even,radiant,and matte complexion, the mushroom made my skin elastic and evened out fine lines in my face.Im here to find out the banana,buut maybe I wont get it because I rated the other two products 5/5 and am going to purchase again.Nice review and helpful,thanks :)

    AntwortenLöschen